With the weather warming up and flowers in bloom, spring and summer are clearly upon us! And there’s nothing better to celebrate the warmer weather than with a flowery spring-time manicure! As U Wish Salon Owner Skyy Hadley gives you step-by-step tips to create the perfect nail-art manicure using Lauren B. Beauty polishes in new spring colors and Philip B. Lovin’ Hand & Body Crème to keeps hands soft and smooth!
Skyy Hadley’s Perfect Nail-Art Manicure:
1. Remove your polish and let your nails breathe for a good few days. If nails look discolored, squeeze some lemon into your lotion or rub lemon wedge directly onto nail to brighten nails.
2. Apply a shea butter lotion or non-greasy cream to lock in moisture
3. Apply a cuticle oil to the base of your nails (or even when they are already polished), focusing around the cuticle area to hydrate and bring moisture into the skin.
4. Begin painting. Start with once coat of a base coat, next at least 2 coats of the color of your choice.
5. Next you can do your nail art. I like a simple flower design. I used a small pointed brush to create the flower dots.
6. Let dry for 1-2 minutes and then finish with one coat of top coat.
Lauren B. Beauty polishes in Palm Springs Getaway, Ocean Ave, and Santa Barbara Surf are the perfect pastels to let your nail-art shine. $18 each
Philip B. Lovin’ Hand & Body Crème makes your skin petal-soft, and gives your hands and nails enough moisture to make your manicure last. $27