Kick Your Skin Into Spring With Trilogy
Change of season and weather can often result in a change of how your skin behaves, and after coming out of a long, cold winter, your skin may look dull and grey. For others, skin becomes unbalanced, more sensitive, blotchy and prone to blemishes. Either way, it makes spring the ideal time to listen to the changing needs of your skin and update your skincare routine!
Corinne Morley is a global beauty expert at Trilogy natural skincare, and has skincare and cosmetics accreditation from all over the world. Here are Corinne’s top five quick fixes to get skin glowing again come spring:
- Exfoliate! There’s no better way to rid your face of winter skin. Trilogy Gentle Facial Exfoliant is perfect for year-round use to gently buff away impurities and dead skin cells, but an extra deep treatment to spring clean your skin will instantly improve texture and reveal a brighter, fresher complexion. Here’s how:
- Apply the creamy exfoliant generously to dry skin after cleansing
- Leave for 5 minutes
- Support the side of your face with one hand to stop skin from pulling and, with long sweeping movements across your face, use your other hand to ‘sweep away’ the cream. (It’s a good idea to put your face over the bathroom sink as the product will flake away, removing the build-up of old, dull cells with it)
- Remove excess by rinsing with warm water
- Follow with a serum or certified organic facial oil and moisturizer
- Introduce a concentrated treatment product to your regime to revitalize skin and boost radiance. Think of it as a shot of vitamins, antioxidants and nourishment all in one. Try Trilogy Age-Proof CoQ10 Booster Oil, which combines antioxidant vitamin CoQ10, glycation-busting Glycablend™ and tamanu, macadamia and black caraway oils to condition and regenerate lackluster skin. It helps smooth fine lines and wrinkles and gives the complexion a massive radiance boost.
- You’re likely to start spending more time outdoors, so antioxidants become even more important to help environmental damage. Experts believe as much as 80% of skin aging is caused by free radical damage, sources of which include pollution, sun exposure, diet and stress. It’s easier to prevent the signs of aging than to cure them. Antioxidants protect the skin by binding with free radicals, preventing them from attaching to healthy skin cells, in a process termed “quenching.”
- Soothe sensitive skin. If your skin gets a bit unpredictable between seasons, prone to sensitivity or spring-time allergies, a serum that helps strengthen the skin’s natural barrier function is the way to go. Trilogy Very Gentle Calming Serum calms inflammation, soothes sensitivity and delivers pure, gentle hydration.
- Multi-tasking beauty products have to be the best spring beauty hack of them all. Trilogy Everything Balm is always in my handbag. It’s great for keeping lips moisturized and healthy. If I haven’t had time for a manicure, I use a liberal amount on my nails and cuticles for a subtle shine and buffed look. It also does a brilliant job of grooming eyebrows – I swear it helps them grow better and healthier too! It’s a great emergency hair product as well, especially in blustery spring winds, helping to tame frizz and create definition and texture in the ends. It’s definitely my ‘BBF’ (best beauty friend)!
All of these products are fabulous and will help spring your skin into this warmer season!