New Theraplex Skincare Line
I have reviewed many skincare products and I am sure I am not the first to tell you that all skincare is not created equally:) Some have too much of one ingredient and not enough of another. Fortunately, that ideal balance of ingredients does exist. Highly recommended by dermatologists, Theraplex® offers a complete line of uncomplicated over-the-counter products that deliver proven effectiveness and relief of all types of dry skin conditions.
All Theraplex moisturizers are specially formulated with a pharmaceutical grade, unique petrolatum fraction for barrier protection. Combined with an activated hydrosilicone delivery system, it penetrates deeply into the cracks and fissures of rough, dry skin to seal in moisture without greasiness and tackiness.
“It is especially important to use products that can penetrate the skin to deliver relief from dryness,” says New York City dermatologist, Doris Day, MD. “If you find you are applying and reapplying often, you may not be using the moisturizer that’s best for you. Sometimes if a product feels too greasy you may be less inclined to use it, so it is also important to find a moisturizer that really feels good on your skin. This is true for your face and body. I recommend Theraplex HydroLotion Moisturizer to many of my patients. It’s a one stop shop for both the face and body, and because my patients love its lightweight, non-greasy texture, generally speaking, they’re great about applying it daily. It’s also ideal for use not only on sensitive skin but acne-prone skin as well.”
Each Theraplex Moisturizer contains unique formulation properties to provide specific skin solutions:
- Theraplex® Barrier Balm is a non-greasy, hydrating balm that soothes, relieves and protects dry, chapped skin to moisturize and help restore the skin barrier. This uncomplicated formula provides superior moisturization protection without irritation to sensitive or eczema-prone skin. 16.50 (6oz tub) I LOVE THIS BALM! Not greasy to the touch and goes on so easily and quickly absorbs into your skin. Perfect for this unusually cold LA weather and all over the US.
- Theraplex® Emollient Moisturizer is a rich moisturizer that soothes and protects severely dry skin (including hands, feet, elbows and knees) and chronic skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, xerosis and ichthyosis. Theraplex Emollient Moisturizer contains the highest concentration of special petrolatum fraction for maximum effectiveness on dry skin without irritation, penetrating deep into the cracks and fissures of the skin to provide superior, long lasting moisturization and protection to even the driest skin. $21.00 (6oz tub)
- Theraplex® Eczema Therapy Moisturizer is a non-greasy moisturizing skin protectant with natural colloidal oatmeal to temporarily protect and help relieve minor skin irritants and itching due to eczema and rashes. This enriched formula helps to relieve and soothe dry skin, offering hours of protection and moisture leaving skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Theraplex® HydroLotion Daily Skin Moisturizer is a lightweight, non-greasy daily moisturizer for the face and body designed to repair dry skin and protect and maintain skin’s moisture balance. Because of its cosmetically light texture and superior smoothing abilities, this formulation is an ideal moisturizer for individuals with acne-prone or sensitive skin; it is also perfect for use under make-up. $16.50 (8oz bottle)
- Theraplex® ClearLotion Moisturizer is a lightweight, fast penetrating emollient oil moisturizer, ideal for use after showering or bathing. When applied to damp skin, Theraplex ClearLotion Moisturizer uniquely wraps around water on the skin’s surface sealing in moisture and protecting against the loss of natural oils that water and soap can strip away. In addition to the special petrolatum fraction, natural jojoba oil helps to provide added protection against moisture loss and prevent dryness without irritation. Theraplex ClearLotion Moisturizer penetrates deep into the skin in seconds, providing long-lasting moisturization and protection to leave skin soft and smooth. $18.50 (8 oz spray pump or pour cap) or $8.00 (2oz travel size spray bottle)
Theraplex also offers two facial cleansers, both gentle enough for daily use.
- Theraplex® Gentle Cleanser is a soothing, cleanser that thoroughly cleans skin of oil, makeup and impurities without stripping or overly drying delicate facial skin.
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin, like mine! This lightweight formula combines the essential oils of rose hip seeds and exotic loquats with the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of seaweed to leave skin feeling fresh and clean without any residue. Look how clean and smooth my face looks! $12.00 (3.7 fl. oz bottle)
- Theraplex® Clean ‘N Treat Cleanser is a soapless creme cleanser which removes oil, dirt and makeup without stripping or drying the delicate skin on the face for clean, healthy-looking skin. It is specially formulated with a combination of glycolic, lactic and salicylic acids to gently exfoliate and slough away dead skin cells leaving pores clean and free of oil and cellular debris. Gentle enough for sensitive skin, Theraplex Clean ‘N Treat Cleanser leaves skin feeling fresh, clean and hydrated. $15.00 (3.7 fl. oz bottle)
Theraplex Barrier Balm Moisturizer, Emollient Moisturizer, Eczema Therapy Moisturizer, HydroLotion Daily Skin Moisturizer and ClearLotion Moisturizer have all earned the National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance™.
Theraplex Barrier Balm Moisturizer and Eczema Therapy Moisturizer have also earned the Dermatitis Academy Simple and Free Designation, indicating that it does not contain any of the 10 pediatric contact allergens and their derivatives or cross-reactors.