Dying to have the same tousled look as Sports Illustrated model, Nina Agdal? As she prepped for her New Era MLB All-Star Cap Shoot with Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper, we went back stage to get an idea of how she gets those perfect beach waves.
1. Make a deep side part on a side of your choosing. Take a 1 inch thick piece of hair and wrap it around the barrel of a curling iron (the Sedu Clipless Curling Iron is sure to give you those beachy waves you’ve been dreaming of!) Don’t keep your hair on the iron for longer than 3-5 seconds or else you’ll end up with the dreaded Shirley Temple curls!
2. Repeat step 2 until all your hair has been curled.
3. For frizz-prone hair, try spraying hair with “Living Proof Wave Shaping, Curl Defining No Frizz Styling Spray” to create waves that are frizz-free. The spray is also lightweight and dries fast so your hair won’t sizzle on the iron!
4. Now run your fingers through your hair to relax the curls and pull them out into a tousled wave.
5. Finally, after giving your hair a few minutes to cool, spray a generous amount of a light hairspray onto your new tousled locks to keep the look going all day long! To get the same strong hold, with a lightweight feel, try L’Anza Healing Style Dramatic F/X hairspray to finish off your new look.
To keep your curls lasting even longer, try sleeping with your hair in a loose bun before starting the above steps!