Laurel DeWitt and Cargo Cosmetics at NYFW SS18
The designs of Laurel Dewitt transcend the idea of wearable art. At her show on Sunday evening, the makeup look created for her SS18 collection by head makeup artist, Griselle Rosario for Cargo Cosmetics, mirrored that level of artistry.
Her pieces have been spotted on some of Hollywood’s hottest celebrities
including Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj and Britney Spears. Her creative vision for the SS’18 Dancing Queen collection hit the runway at The Church of the Holy Apostles on Sunday and didn’t disappoint.
DeWitt revisited the Disco scene, which was an epic time for fashion, with body suits, jumpers, and halters, while the 1970’s-inspired looks created by Rosario using Cargo Cosmetics consisted of dramatic, sexy eyes, pops of color and ultra-reflective, glittery looks.
THE BEAUTY LOOK
“For this show we took a trip to 70’s disco,” says Griselle Rosario, Head MUA at the Laurel DeWitt SS18 show. “I pulled inspiration from 1970’s photos, magazines and press clippings. We wanted the models to look like they were leaving the disco after a long night of partying. Sexy, smudgy lined eyes with big lashes. Bursts of color for spring with glitter and a lot of highlighter to create a beautiful, reflective sheen on the skin.”
Create the Perfect Canvas:
- “I love the Cargo HD collection” says Griselle. “It brings skin to life and is ideal for photography and video. We used the Cargo_HD Picture Perfect Liquid Foundation followed by the Cargo_HD Picture Perfect Concealer for spot treatment and to lighten and brighten under eyes. To set we used the Picture Perfect Pressed Powder.”
- “We wanted the models to glisten like they had been out dancing all night. We mixed Cargo’s HD Picture Perfect Illuminating Palette with the Essential Lip Gloss in Umbria to give their highlight a wet finish.”
- “For eyes, I covered the whole lid with the Swimmables Eye Shadow Stick in Morro Bay and then set with the NEW Emerald City Eye Shadow Palette. I love the colors in this palette! We used a combination of the shades Fremont, The Hill and Pier 52.”
- “I lined the eye with the NEW Cargo_HD Picture Perfect Kohl Eye Liner. This liner is no joke! It delivers a jet black, inky finish which is beautiful for tight lining. Glides smoothly and won’t run. I filled in the waterline on top and bottom, created a cat eye and drew faux lashes on the bottom. The cat eye wing and the lashes drawn on the bottom lash line were then traced over with Cargo’s Liquid Eye Liner. Finished the eye with a few layers of the Boundless Lashes Mascara.”
- “To create those fun bursts of color I used the Swimmables Longwear Eye Shadow Sticks as my base. They are highly pigmented and once they set, they last through hot lights and photos! Paradise bay was the perfect color of blue. I increased the intensity of the pink using Cargo’s Swimmables Blush in the shade Ibiza. Finished by adding glitter on top – as you do for disco!”
- “I filled brows in with the Brow Kit and did a mix of Essential Lip Colors in Umbria and Tuscany on lips. We skipped blush to keep the focus on the statement eyes.”