Last night for the 2016 Daily Front Row Fashion Awards, Sarah Tanno for Maybelline New York created a stunning copper eye and metallic-flecked lip to compliment musician and actress Lady Gaga’s modern and sexy look.
Makeup (Maybelline New York) Breakdown Inspiration: Tanno’s vision came straight from Lady Gaga’s show-stopping gown—a fitting move for a fashion-focused awards ceremony. She explains, “There is this beautiful copper tone in the Saint Laurent dress I couldn’t take my eyes off. I wanted to bring it up to the lids.” She did just that with shimmering eye makeup she boldly paired with glittery mauve lips. She calls the overall effect “a perfect balance of modern, metallic and sexy.”
• Skin: To create a flawless canvas, Tanno began with a layer of Fit Me! Matte and Poreless Foundation. She then dusted Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Powder in Translucent in the T zone, she explains, “to keep the skin looking airbrushed but still allowing a natural glow in all the highlight areas.”
• Blush and contour: Cheeks got a flirty hint of warmth from Facestudio Master Hi-Light in Pink Rose brushed on the apples. Then to subtly boost bone structure, Tanno used the bronzer and illuminator in the NEW Facestudio Master Contour Face Contouring Pro Palette to exaggerate the natural height of Lady Gaga’s cheekbones.
• Eyes: She applied Eyestudio Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencil in Striking Copper liberally along the upper and lower lashline, blending it out and away on the top lid for a sunset-y effect. She then coated the lashes with NEW Lash Sensational Luscious Washable Mascara in Blackest Black before applying a full set of false lashes for extra drama.
• Brows: To create a strong frame for the fierce eye look, she styled and filled in the brows with Eyestudio Brow Pomade Crayon , a flexible formula that provides a sculpted finish that doesn’t look harsh, even under the brightest stage lights.
• Lips: Tanno custom-blended the shimmery mauve lip shade using a mix of three products: Color Sensational Lip Liner in Rose sealed with Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in Nude Flush and Color Sensational High Shine Gloss in Mirrored Mauve. The finish: A dazzling rosy hue that was equal parts feminine and edgy. Explains Tanno, “Usually I wouldn’t do a shiny lip with metallic eyes but it worked with this dress and this night. Once I saw the gown, I knew I had to go all the way.”
Who: Lady Gaga (Actress/Singer)
Event: 2016 The Daily Front Row’s Fashion Los Angeles Awards
Date: Sunday, March 20, 2016
Location: Sunset Tower, Los Angeles, CA
Makeup Credit: Sarah Nicole Tanno for Maybelline New York (Instagram @sarahtannomakeup)
Photo Credit: GettyImages.com
**High-res image available upon request**
Makeup Artist Interviews: Available upon request
Brand Social Media Handles: @maybelline (Twitter & Instagram)
Download Product Photos:
• Maybelline New York: Here
• Maybelline New York: www.Maybelline.com