DIY Beauty Treatments
There’s an abundance of beauty brands that use botanicals in their products because of their abilities to treat numerous skin care concerns – but these products can often be very expensive. Alexandra Whitcombe, founder of Vendome Paris, a new beauty brand launching this spring, shares her personal favorite DIY beauty treatments. Through her years of working with botanicals, Alexandra has simple ideas that incorporate fresh florals to create inexpensive at-home beauty treatments.
Alexandra suggests these DIY beauty treatments:
- For Acne: Dab a few drops of lavender oil on any pesky pimple to reduce redness and inflammation
- For Anti-Aging: Combine cleaned marigold petals with honey and milk for a soothing DIY facemask. This mixture helps plump up thinning and aging skin.
- For Puffy Eyes: Moisten two chamomile tea bags in cold water and let them sit in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes. Once removed, place over your eyes for 20-30 minutes to reduce puffiness.·
- To Restore Hydration: To hydrate dry, irritated or cracked skin, infuse water with rose petals and lemon juice to use as a facial mist or skin toner.·
- For Stretch Marks: While aloe vera is known for treating sunburns, it’s also used to lessen the visibility of stretch marks. Apply aloe vera gel from a fresh plant directly to stretch marks to help heal those minor tears in the skin.