I don't know about you, but I can't live without my "precision Q-tips" or cotton pads. They make applying and removing my makeup so much easier and efficient!
Q-tips cotton swabs: Beauty Tips
- Save packing space when traveling - Coat the ends of a few cotton swabs in your favorite eyeshadow shades, and then put them in a plastic sandwich bag when traveling to save packing space.
- Keep Necklaces from Tangling - Wrap delicate necklace around a Q-tips cotton swab to prevent tangles and to easily spot your favorite jewelry in your suitcase.
- Fix Broken Eyeshadow - Broken eyeshadow on the road? Take the broken eyeshadow and place it into a clean contact case. Add a few drops of rubbing alcohol, then use a Q-tip cotton swab to press the product and pack it back together. Voila!
- DIY a lipstain- using your favorite flavored drink mix. Start by pouring the packet into a shallow bowl. Next, dampen your finger, press in the powder, and apply to your lips. Finally, dampen a Q-tip cotton swab to go back over it and smooth out any clumps or uneven edges. Perfect for a quick touch-up at a day at the beach!
- Disposable Eye Shadow Brushes - Q-tips® cotton swabs and Q-tips® Precision Tips™ cotton swabs are great for eye shadow application because they are disposable, so you can use a new one for each shadow color. No need to worry about washing brushes while layering colors…they are a cleaner alternative!
- Hide Under Eye Circles - Hide under eye circles by using one end of a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ cotton swab to dab on three dots of concealer. Use the other end to blend for a seamless finish.
- Apply Fake Lashes - Use Q-tips® Precision Tips™ cotton swabs or Q-tips® cotton swabs to help apply fake lashes! Start by applying a dab of lash adhesive to the tip. Keep the tip close to the lash line and use it to guide the application of the faux lash strip.
- Make Eyes Brighter - To instantly brighten your eyes, add a dab of a light shimmer to the inner corners with Q-tips® Precision Tips™!
- Define Your Eyes - Use Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to shade the deepest hollow of your eye and blend down toward your lash line in a V shape. You'll increase the dimension of your look and create the illusion of a larger eye.
- Highlight Brows and Cheekbones - As a great way to highlight and brighten the cheekbones and eyes, apply a natural shade of shimmer powder using Q-tips® cotton swabs to the upper brow area and along the cheekbone.
- Create a Shimmering Glow - Use Q-tips® cotton swabs to apply concealer or shimmer cream along the center of your nose for a longer, thinner look. To further enhance, apply two dots of taupe shadow to either side of the bridge of your nose.
- Define Cheeks with Cream Blush - To define cheeks, use a Q-tips® cotton swab to apply cream blush to hollows of cheeks and blend up and out into skin with clean fingers toward the hairline.
- Keep Your Pout in Place - Keep lip color from bleeding by using Q-tips® cotton swabs to apply loose translucent powder along the outer edge of the lips.
- Softer Lip Liner - To soften your lip liner look, make a “dot dot dash” pattern with lip liner and use a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ cotton swab to blend and soften.
NEW Q-tips Beauty Rounds: Beauty Tips
- Break-up with the Brush: We know you are tied to your makeup brushes and they’ve likely been with you for a while. Avoid makeup build-up by using a fresh Q-tips® Beauty Round to apply powder.
- At-home Porefection: Steaming is known to help balance your complexion. After cleansing and steaming, pat dry with a Q-tips® Beauty Round to avoid scratching skin with a harsh towel while pores are open and exposed.
- “Undo” Too Much Bronzer: Using a Q-tips® Beauty Round, blend bronzer, then apply translucent powder to mitigate the heaviness of the darker hue.
- Swipe to Highlight: Instead of a brush, apply shimmer powder to the bridge of your nose and above cheek bones using a Q-tips® Beauty Round for a seamless finish.
- Perfectly Flushed Cheeks: Apply blush on-the-go using a Q-tips® Beauty Round to add a little flush to your cheeks! Blend for a seamless finish. The outcome? No streaks!
- Combat Shiny Skin: Freshen up throughout the day by blotting skin with a Q-tips® Beauty Round to absorb sweat and oil without ruining your makeup. They are soft on skin and won’t crumple like an oil sheet!
- Mask Removal: Use a Q-tips® Beauty Round to gently and effectively remove a facial mask with toner.
- Apply Sunscreen: Use a Q-tips® Beauty Round to apply sunscreen and to ensure even distribution.
- Soothe Sunburn: Soak Q-tips® Beauty Rounds in Aloe Gel and delicately apply to sunburned skin.
- A Flake-less Finish: Fold a Q-tips® Beauty Round in half creating a semi-circle shape and place under your eye when applying eye shadow. This catches the unwanted excess shimmery flakes that fall under eyes.
· A Shadowless Smokey Eye: Last minute drinks? You don’t need the whole kit & caboodle to transition from conferences to cocktails. Line top and bottom lash lines with eyeliner and gently smudge with the edge of a rolled up Q-tips® Beauty Round. To take it one step further, dab the beauty round into your favorite fragrance-free lip balm and apply over the liner for a glossy, rock’n’roll finish.
*Q-tips are available at mass market retailers nationwide ($3.99 for a 500-count pack).